I had moved the site on new servers and on a way better network, the new system still had some downtime and problems but now it seems that the site is fixed and works ok.
In the last 2 days I’m slowly moving the thumbnails, all 1 million of them, to another server with better specs and with a ssd instead of a hard drive. I’m hoping that would solve the issues that the site had with the very slow images and thumbs in the past 10 months.
I also tested a vewrsion 2 of ro89 inspired by bing, you can check the first page here.
After I finish with the thumbnails, I will start to work on the two most talked about features that are missing: better auto complete and sort by date.